Our school is running as volunteerism based, all school general members are required to participated in family duty, this is also a good chance for you to get involved in school management.
- PTA sends out emails notifying families to be on duty the following week on Monday. It would be greatly appreciated if the families can confirm if to be present for their duty no later than Wednesday.
- If PTA has not received your acknowledgement email, a courtesy call will be made to follow up by Wednesday or later to make sure you have received our emails.
- Please be reminded that PTA try the best to reach you. It’s your responsibility to provide the updated email address and phone number(s) to school. So, please make sure that your contact information is current in your school account.
- We ask for your understanding that it is difficult for PTA to arrange a duty switch between families due to multiple reasons. As a result, please arrange accordingly yourself for such need.
- If you are absolutely new in this area and have no friends or relatives, please let us know. We will try to do something for you. But this can only happen at the beginning of school year. Please make friends in Chinese School ASAP. Any emergency will be considered individually.
- If you are absence for your family duty, your escort account will be deducted $50. The school exercises this rule for the purpose of being fair to the families fulfilled the duty and ensuring your kids having a quiet and safe environment, and the facilities like classroom are kept in their original order.
- Each family will have 2 duty/special event days throughout the whole school year.
- The duty time is from 1:15 pm to 4:30pm on Saturday.
- On your duty day, you need to sign in at 1:15pm and sign out at 4:30pm. Please stay on duty during this period. Please apply common sense at your duty to ensure a quiet and secure education environment for the children. For example, no personnel without badge are allowed to enter the class area; Children are not allowed to run and make noise at the class area; classroom tables, chairs, whiteboard and etc. are restored to their original locations and status; school facilities, teaching aids, books, lockers are left untouched; children and parents are not allowed to go upstairs, entrances to the 2nd floor are frequently inspected; upon seeing somone entering the 2nd floor, report to school office or PTA immediately.